Best PHP Frameworks in 2019
PHP framework is the foundation of an agile environment. Developing an app or website from scratch involves a high workload with lots of tasks on your agenda. Instead of reinventing the wheel each time, it is much more convenient to use popular frameworks with lots of functions and options. They provide developers with reusable and well-organized templates allowing specialists to focus on the features that will make their apps stand out. All the members of the Mangosoft team are real experts in the IT industry, who are glad to share their knowledge and expertise! Thus, we come up with 4 most usable frameworks that meet the needs of professionals and beginners.
If you are an experienced developer, you probably have a list of your favorite frameworks. But in case you are still seeking a perfect solution, our article will assist you with it. We did market research and interviewed our experts, who helped up to handpick 4 most popular frameworks that streamline the process of backend web development.
- Laravel. SitePoint survey has recognized Laravel to be the most popular framework of 2015. Since then, other products appeared on the market providing developers with new features and functions. However, Laravel did not lose its position due to a command-line interface, powerful templating engine, as well as release documentation function. Laravel has an extensive ecosystem with constantly updating hosting and deployment platform. Technology suits experienced developers, as well as newbies, due to an intuitive interface. The company also provides lots of screen captures with detailed tutorials and description of new functions. So, you will never get lost!
- Symfony. Feel overloaded with your job? Have a large-scale project? Then Symfony will become a helpful assistant for you and your team as it gains momentum as an industry’s fastest and the most configurable solution. Being compatible with most e-commerce platforms and CMS (Drupal, Joomla, PrestaShop, Grav, Magento and others), it is increasingly flexible, which makes it suitable for small and sizable projects. Symfony is multi-functional as you can perform a wide range of tasks using this framework: starting from concept development stage and ending up with full-stack configuration.
- Codelgniter. The best choice for beginners! Well-illustrated documentation and intuitive interface this MVC framework eliminates programming challenges and make your work easier. Released in 2006, it remains to be one of the favorite products in developers’ community due to minimum configuration requirements, simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. It works smoothly almost on all shared and dedicated hosting platforms, which means you do not have to spend time setting up configuration. CodeIgniter to you in case you are a highly creative person.
- CakePHP. If you are looking for an easy and secure option, CakePHP will meet your needs. Launched at the beginning of the 2000s, it went through a significant transformation with numerous new components and advanced security standards. You just need a web server and a copy of the framework to start working. World-famous brand, such as Hyundai, MIT, BMW and Express, use CakePHP in their work. Due to enhanced modularity, the framework can create more secure and standalone libraries based on your needs. It is the choice of developers who have to create a protected application for banking and financial organizations. CakePHP is time-saving, which is really an icing on the cake!
If you are looking for more advantages, CakePHP comes with such features:
- MVC ready, out of the box!
- Fast application development
- Composer based installer
- Code generation and scaffolding tool
- Convention over configuration design
- Secure by default, with built-in security
- MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL and SQLite
- Full database abstraction through models
- Powerful routing for SEO and SEM
- Flexible view templates system
- Includes support for caching enginesFully extensible with custom plugins
- Support for 3rd party vendor libraries
- Open sourced under the MIT license